Tuesday, June 13, 2006

empty pockets

My artist's date on Sunday started at Trinity Church for mass on Trinity Sunday. As I started the long walk back up to 40th street, I stopped in lots of shops. The best one was Pearl River (477 Broadway), a huge shop full of beautiful and affordable items from Thailand, Japan, Korea and China. I'm still unemployed, so I had no spending money. Sometimes empty pockets liberate me from the rapacious, acquisitive mindset, allowing me look more closely at things.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alina Chau said...

lovely drawings!! pretty photos too!

12:54 PM  
Blogger melba said...

I miss Manhattan sometimes...the children are still too young so it will be a while before I go. I love your drawings...I can picture those types of shops; so fun.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous La Catalana said...

Hey Caroline,
I love your drawings on this post. I knew you were an atheist, but I didn't know that you were so open to Christianity. Cool. Isn't that where Tower One stood -- right in that open space behind the church?

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home